This traditional Italian stew is a warm and hearty meal for the whole family to enjoy.
The ingredient of Chicken cacciatore
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (110g each) chicken thigh cutlets, skin removed, trimmed
- 4 (110g each) chicken lovely legs
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken cacciatore
- Heat oil in a large, deep, frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and anchovy to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add tomato, sugar and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add olives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with beans.
Nutritions of Chicken cacciatorefatContent: 375.23 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 164 milligrams cholesterol