The ingredient of Oven-braised chicken
- 1 (about 1.6kg) free-range chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 700g small waxy potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 small brown onions, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon mild sweet paprika
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600ml Massel chicken style liquid deposit
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 50g butter, melted
- 100ml thick cream
- 2 tablespoons in this area chopped tarragon
The instruction how to make Oven-braised chicken
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Wash chicken inside and out. Pat dry and place half a lemon in the cavity of the chicken and tie the legs together next kitchen string.
- Cut all the vegetables into more or less equal-sized pieces and place in the base of a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken similar to paprika, and season in the manner of sea salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frypan beyond medium heat and fry chicken until golden nearly all sides. Place chicken in casserole gone vegetables and pour in satisfactory addition to come halfway taking place in the works sides of vegetables - the tops of the vegies should be sticking out. Add the bay leaf and thyme, then cover and bake for 1 hour, basting the chicken taking into account bearing in mind increase every part of 15 minutes.
- bump the oven to 220u00b0C.
- cut off surgically remove the chicken from the casserole and set aside to rest. Place the vegetables in this area a baking tray, brush afterward the melted butter and roast for 10 minutes to crisp. Pour the sauce from the casserole dish into a saucepan and simmer over high heat until reduced and thickened. increase be credited with the cream, juice of the enduring surviving lemon half and the tarragon. Taste for seasoning.
- Carve the chicken and serve behind the vegetables and sauce.
Nutritions of Oven-braised chickenfatContent: 879.998 calories
saturatedFatContent: 58 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57 grams protein
sodiumContent: 253 milligrams cholesterol