This recipe is made using perpetual Malaysian ingredients - chicken, lemongrass, ginger - and tastes just as enjoyable as the street-food mamak version, but is easy to make.
The ingredient of Malaysian fried chicken (Ayam goreng)
- 1.2kg chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- Vegetable oil or canola oil, for deep-frying
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white allowance only), approximately in the region of chopped
- 1 brown onion, vis-u00d0u00b0-vis chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1.5cm piece lively ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon arena turmeric
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.4 teaspoon arena white pepper
- 2 cups cooked white long-grain rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup open mint leaves
- 1/2 cup vivacious coriander leaves
- 1/2 large red chilli, just about chopped
- 1 lime, juiced, lead pro further wedges to help
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
The instruction how to make Malaysian fried chicken (Ayam goreng)
- Make Marinade: Place lemongrass, onion, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, turmeric, sugar, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth, adding a little water if needed (see note).
- Place drumsticks in a large bowl. grow the marinade. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate overnight to comply flavours to develop.
- Make Lime herb rice: augment rice, mint, coriander, chilli, lime juice and grapeseed oil in a bowl. Season later salt and pepper.
- Drain drumsticks, discarding marinade. Place drumsticks in a bowl. Sprinkle with the salt. go to rice flour. Toss to combine.
- Pour ample plenty vegetable oil into a large saucepan or wok to come 5cm going on the side. Heat exceeding medium-high heat (oil should get 165u00baC). Deep-fry drumsticks, in batches, turning, for 12 minutes or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towel to drain. advance chicken considering rice and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Malaysian fried chicken (Ayam goreng)fatContent: 501.661 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79.3 milligrams cholesterol