Monsters and mummies, oh my! These good Halloween sugar cookies are made from a simple, buttery slice n bake dough, and are easy acceptable to decorate that older goblins in the home estate can help. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Easy Slice and Bake Halloween Creature Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract optional
- 2 cups all point flour benefit 2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt scant
- 12 ounces white chocolate bars or chips
- decorating sugar Green
- black candy jimmies or sprinkles
- candy eyeballs
The instruction how to make Easy Slice and Bake Halloween Creature Cookies
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl. Beat with a mixer on low speed to blend, then increase speed to medium and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and salt to bowl and beat on low speed until a smooth dough forms, scraping sown sides of bowl as needed.
- On a work surface, place dough on a large sheet of plastic wrap. With clean hands (slightly dampened if needed to prevent sticking), shape dough into a smooth rectangular log roughly 2 inches wide, 1 1/2 inches tall, and 10 inches long. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm enough to slice neatly.
- Preheat oven to 350u00b0F.
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Set dough on a cutting board and discard plastic wrap. Using a sharp knife, slice log into 1/2-inch-thick cookies (you should have 20). Arrange them 1 inch apart on the prepared sheet pans.
- Bake cookies on racks in upper third and lower third of oven for 10 minutes. Switch pan positions and continue baking until cookies are just starting to turn golden at edges, 8-10 more minutes.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Set pan with cookies on a cooling rack (theyre fragile while hot) and let cool completely before decorating, 30-60 minutes.
- Finely chop chocolate bars, if using (no need to chop chips). Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch water and bring to a simmer. Transfer white chocolate into a small heatproof bowl (one thats big enough to sit on saucepan well above the water). Set bowl on pan and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove bowl from saucepan.
- To make monsters: Dip top of each cookie half to three-quarters of the way into white chocolate, then lay it flat on the sheet pan. Sprinkle the chocolate with green decorating sugar. Press about 1/4 tsp. of black jimmies into the top of the green sprinkles to create hair, and carefully spoon on a little to create a mouth. Secure two candy eyeballs in the middle of the green sugar.
- To make mummies: Dip top of each cookie half to three-quarters of the way into white chocolate, then lay it flat on the sheet pan. Freeze the sheet pan about 10 minutes to set the chocolate. Place a few tablespoons of melted chocolate in a zip-top bag and gently squeeze it into the corner. Cut a very small tip from the corner of the bag with scissors. Remove sheet pan from freezer. Pipe melted chocolate in diagonal lines crosswise over u201cbodiesu201d of mummy cookies, creating u201cwraps.u201d Secure 2 candy eyeballs in the middle of the chocolate coating.
- Once all the cookies are decorated and arranged on the sheet pan, freeze the pan for 10-15 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is set, the cookies are ready to be served. Leftover cookies may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to five days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutritions of Easy Slice and Bake Halloween Creature Cookiescalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 260 calories
cholesterolContent: 29 grams
fatContent: 30 milligrams
proteinContent: 16 grams
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams
sodiumContent: 9 grams
sugarContent: 85 milligrams
: 19 grams