Freekeh is wheat picked while still green. Its higher in nutrients and supreme in this hearty winter soup, paired in the manner of lean lamb leg steaks.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked freekeh and lamb soup recipe
- 2 tsp further virgin olive oil
- 400g lean lamb leg steaks, excess fat trimmed, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Liquid buildup
- 100g (1 u20442 cup) wholegrain freekeh, rinsed, drained
- 200g green beans, sliced
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 90g (1 u20443 cup) natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs chopped buoyant mint leaves, benefit extra sprigs, to service
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked freekeh and lamb soup recipe
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan more than medium-high heat. Cook the lamb, in batches, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- edit heat to medium and heat the remaining oil in the pan. grow the onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. grow garlic, lemon rind and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Return the lamb to the pan along similar to the hoard and 875ml (31 u20442 cups) water. Bring to the boil. amass freekeh subsequently next reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 11 u20442-2 hours or until lamb is tender.
- mount up the beans and peas. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, intensify the yoghurt and mint in a small bowl.
- Dollop mint yoghurt onto soup, season and promote with other mint.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked freekeh and lamb soup recipefatContent: