This nourishing winter soup is a final meal in a bowl.
The ingredient of Moroccan lamb shank and lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lamb shanks, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan spice mixture combination
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid addition
- 1 1/2 cups dried soup mix, rinsed
- Chopped blithe parsley leaves, to service
- Crusty bread, to further
The instruction how to make Moroccan lamb shank and lentil soup
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan more than medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- condense abbreviate heat to medium. ensue onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add spice mix. shake up to combine. amass passata, stock and 2 cups chilly frosty water. Return lamb and any juices to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 1 hour.
- build up soup fusion and 1 cup cold water to pan. Cook, covered, for 1 hour or until lamb is tender. Remove shanks. sever and discard bones and fat. on the subject of chop meat. Return to soup. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until enraged through. Sprinkle soup in imitation of parsley. relief considering crusty bread.
Nutritions of Moroccan lamb shank and lentil soupfatContent: 682.584 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 76.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 60.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 104 milligrams cholesterol