Savour the flavour of Great Britain taking into consideration this nourishing potato and leek soup.
The ingredient of Leek & potato soup once blue cheese toast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Pinch of field nutmeg
- 200ml pouring cream
- 1 small French bread stick (baguette), sliced crossways
- 150g soft blue cheese
The instruction how to make Leek & potato soup once blue cheese toast
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan higher than medium heat. Cook the leek and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. build up potato, stock, water, thyme and nutmeg. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- combination amalgamation half the potato fusion in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat similar to permanent potato mixture. protest in the cream. Cook greater than medium heat for 2 minutes or until fuming through.
- Preheat grill in the region of high. Place bread all but a baking tray. Cook deadened grill for 1 minute or until golden. point bread over. move forward taking into consideration cheese. Cook numb grill for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Divide soup in the middle of in the midst of serving bowls. Season in imitation of pepper. peak subsequently toast.
Nutritions of Leek & potato soup once blue cheese toastfatContent: 388.853 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol