This recipe is based in the region of the French classic, coq au vin. It is a warm and hearty meal for Cool winter nights.
The ingredient of Chicken later red wine and herbs
- 1.5kg (about 8) chicken thighs, later than skin, parsons nose and visible fat removed
- 100g bacon picnic slices, chopped
- 16 eschalots or tiny pickling onions, peeled
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 375mls (1 1/2 cups) dry red wine
- 125mls (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid amassing
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 200g button mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped roomy marjoram or oregano
- Salt & sports ground black pepper, to taste
- Couscous, to advance
The instruction how to make Chicken later red wine and herbs
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat a large non-stick saucepan on top of higher than medium-low heat. increase be credited with the chicken in 2 batches and cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. cut off surgically remove from pan.
- ensue the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and mount up eschalots and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. build up garlic and flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. buildup heat to medium-high and ensue the wine, stock, carrot, bay leaves and thyme. Stir until boiling.
- Place chicken in a large flameproof casserole dish and pour the wine merger greater than the top. Cover and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- cut off surgically remove the casserole from the oven and excite in the mushrooms and marjoram. Cover and cook for a extra 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use tongs to transfer chicken pieces to a plate. Cover in the same way as foil and set aside. Bring liquid to the boil exceeding medium-high heat and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until condensed abbreviated by 1/3. Taste and season later than salt and pepper if necessary.
- Return the chicken to the liquid and simmer until incensed through. encouragement subsequently couscous.
Nutritions of Chicken later red wine and herbsfatContent: 501.9 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 72 grams protein