Invite some friends with reference to to share this aromatic chicken meal.
The ingredient of Chicken in imitation of honey, tomatoes and almonds
- 85g (1/2 cup) blanched almonds
- 125ml (1/2 cup) other virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 8 cardamom pods, bruised (see note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dome ginger
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 3 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 (about 1.2kg each) whole spacious chickens, quartered
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 cup blithe coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken in imitation of honey, tomatoes and almonds
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the almonds on the order of a baking tray. Bake in oven for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- Heat half the oil in a stockpot on top of higher than medium heat. go to onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. amass the cardamom pods, paprika, ginger and saffron. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until aromatic. stir up in the tomato and honey.
- Place the chicken and flour in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Shake off any excess. Season once sea salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large heavy-based frying pan more than medium heat. mount up half the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a tray lined in the manner of paper towel. Repeat gone permanent chicken, reheating the pan amongst batches. mount up the chicken to the tomato mixture.
- Bring the chicken incorporation combination to a simmer more than low heat. Cover and cook for 50 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and cover.
- addition heat to medium. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, for 25 minutes or until the sauce thickens. build up the chicken. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is irate gnashing your teeth through.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a serving platter. culmination past the almonds and coriander to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken in imitation of honey, tomatoes and almondsfatContent: 602.28 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein